Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July Artist of the Month









Drum roll please.......... the Westchase Artists Society is proud to announce the Artist of the Month for July is Bob Richardson. And now to share some interesting tidbits about Bob is the interview.

Question: Tell us a little bit about yourself, affiliations, personal stuff.

Bob: I was born and raised in the Midwest, outside of Detroit in Dearborn Heights, MI. I have been married to Judy, my wife of 32 years and we have 2 grown children. I have been visiting Florida my entire life and actually lived in Sarasota for a few years when I was 6 years old. We decided to move to Florida in 2009 to be closer to our relatives. I have been very active my entire life, both personally and professionally. I am a strong believer that if you work hard, you play hard to keep balance. As a hobby, I collect neck ties and baseball cards. I received my first guitar when I was 9 years old and continue to play.

Question: Apart from creating art what do you do?

Bob: I graduated from college in aeronautical engineering and worked 2 years for Boeing. I discovered that I did not want to be trapped behind a desk my entire life and totally changed fields, ending up in the insurance business for the past 25 years. I am considered a turnaround expert because I help insurance companies expand their business when they can't. I have just recently completed a major expansion of a Tampa based insurance company and I am now looking to secure my next assignment. I have helped over 25 insurance companies in the past 20 years and generated over $4 billion in business.

Question: What first made you want to become an artist?

Bob: I have a very creative mind and wanted to express that in art. I began drawing when I was young and found out that I was pretty good at it. One thing led to another and I started to explore painting and photography. Painting is a great way to relieve stress.

Question: Describe your creative process.

Bob: I wish I had one, but I don't. Like anything, if I get inspried, I paint, however, my items have more of a 3D look. I use a lot of paint when I make a creation.

Question: Top 5 books, movies, songs, groups, websites

Bob: Book - How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci; Movie - Brubaker; Song - any James Taylor or Keb Mo song; Groups - The Beatles (I actually went to their concert); Broadway Play - Phanton of the Opera

Question: In ten years I'd like to be...

Bob: Enjoying time at our house in Key West with my own art gallery on Duval Stret and having a beverage at my favorite watering hole with my wife.

Bob, thanks for sharing and letting us get to know you a little better. Stay tuned for upcoming Artist interviews.

No comments: